Hi! I'm Brandon. I'm a startup founder and engineering manager, currently building a new startup in consumer health. I previously co-founded Cardiogram, Sift, and worked at Brex, the HealthCare.gov rescue team, and Google on speech recognition for Android.
Applied Artificial IntelligenceI've spent much of my career on applied AI, building both machine learning algorithms as well as web and mobile apps that make them user-friendly.
- Three challenges for AI in Medicine (Cardiogram blog)
- Deep learning with limited labeled data (O'Reilly AI Conf, 2017)
- Can deep neural networks save your neural network? Artificial intelligence, sensors, and strokes. (Strata Conf, 2016)
- Deep learning and the dream of AI (Strata Conf, 2013)
- Why is machine learning experiencing such explosive growth today? (Quora)
- How does one operationalize a machine learning ranking system, from an organization and an engineering management point of view? (Quora)
- AI in Medicine, in Practice (a16z podcast)
StartupsI helped start two startups, Cardiogram and Sift Science. Some lessons learned:
- No filter: the meanest thing Paul Graham said to a startup
- What happened when my co-founder quit the night before our YC interview
- Enterprise Sales Tips for Hackers
- Is your B2B startup New Enterprise or Old Enterprise?
- Advice for CS Students Considering a Startup
- How to bring a mobile app to market (American Heart Association invited talk, 2017)